Week 6: Working with Videos and Moving Images

Task #1: Storyboarding your MMP
My site will be a self-paced digital workshop highlighting 5 Google Apps tools. I hope to use color to group similar type tools -- extensions, add-on, and apps.

The introduction page will include an overview and description of the tool types. This site does not have to be explored in a linear fashion. All information and media on a specific tool will be housed on a single page. A simple yet clear navigation will be visible on each page, allowing participants to move between topics based on interest.



A consistent font will be used throughout the site. Content will be organized on the page in a consistent manner: overview, how to install, how to access, demonstration, suggested classroom use, links for additional support/reading/inspiration. Media (images, videos, etc.) will have purpose.



Task #2: Concept in 60 Video
I have had Corel Video Studio installed on my laptop for over a year now. I thought this would be a great opportunity to finally figure out how to use it to make a video. It didn't take long for me to remember why I had been putting off using this tool -- there are so many features, options, and attributes. Even working with a premade template was more challenging than I expected. I accepted defeat in certain areas, but was able to maintain consistent transitions, group similar photos, and use the same font throughout.

2 comments:

  1. Michele, I really enjoyed your video. I thought the transition you chose was really cool but it did not take away from the pictures or overall message of your video. It seems as though you have a really fun and active family. If you ever have to make a move in the future, I suggest Windows Live Movie Maker. It was simple to figure out and I enjoyed working with the program.It was easy to cut video, remove sounds from the video and add music. There are many transitions you can choose from but you can't get the pictures to slide or move, they just fade in and out.

    Also, your storyboard seem very organized and well thought out. The consistent layout you chose for each page will make the site use friendly and easy to navigate. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele your storyboard and description made it very helpful to envision what your final project will look like. You were very specific about the details of the project and it is clear that you will be very attentive to the elements of design as you are putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete